I have passed the mark of my last Whole 30. Day 9 when I somehow said to myself, “this is too hard and I’m not worth it!” Obviously I didn’t say that but when we quit on ourselves isn’t that exactly what we are saying. So here I am on day 10. One third of the way through this challenge. For a sugar addicted, carb loving, will eat anything fried type of girl this is HUGE. I feel empowered and I can’t wait to hit that halfway mark when the “boundless energy” phase takes over. I do feel less “dragged down” in the afternoons. This is not easy though people. Let me tell you. I have had pizza ate in front of me…. Ice cream, chocolate, and I even made a dessert (pumpkin bars with cream cheese frosting) for a party and I didn’t even lick the spoon! Nope not even a finger swipe of the frosting. I made a commitment of 30 days without any sugar, no bread, no dairy, no artificial anything and I want to experience the benefits. The top 5 reasons I believe this time is different and why I know I can and will succeed.
1. Praying through the bad moments. God knows I am weak when it comes to food (not my only weakness I assure you) and there is just NO way I can do this without leaning fully on Him. He knows me better than I know myself.
2. Taking it 1 day at a time. I have never been through a 12 step program but I have heard this before. I focus on getting through this day without giving in to the temptations that surround me.
3. Connecting. I have joined a couple of social media groups. Knowing there are other people out there doing the same thing you are and connecting with them is huge. I had a dear friend also reach out to me as she has successfully completed a whole 30 and is starting another round. This has made a huge difference as we have exchanged messages and are supporting each other. (Thanks for messaging me Girl;)
4. Preparation. This is more mental for me cause I am horrible at meal planning. I like to wing it. This can be a recipe for disaster! For instance I’m running low on veggies and protein but am planning a grocery run tonight. I know exactly what my choices are today so no reason to use the “there is nothing for me to eat” excuse.
5. I can feel the changes beginning but if I want to see changes in the mirror and on that evil scale then I have to press on. No giving up….no giving in….no excuses. I am >than what the scales says!!